Tuesday, February 11, 2014

A Walk In The Park

Sunshine across Marley Park
Sunday was a true walk in the park, Marley Park to be exact. I went there with my dear friend E and her husband B for stroll with their new puppy Bobbi and to check out the Market for the afternoon. As always, there was a 60% chance of rain, but the sun was shining over the Dublin mountains and my spirits high from being back in my foster hometown.

Dave's Pizza 
Tasty Treats!
Fresh produce & ciders
mmm Baked goodies! And Kosher too!
[For those unfamiliar, Marley Park is located southwest of Dublin in suburban Rathfarnam and is spread across 300 acres with great walking paths, woodlands, sports grounds, dog park and access to hiking trails up to the Dublin Mountains. On Saturdays and Sundays behind the main building, and old house, is a market with food and craft stands.]
The master crepe-
A Crepe & a cappuccino
Delish!
As the weather forecast was iffy on Sunday, the market was set up in the courtyard of Marley House. There were about eight stands, and according to E, it’s more than double the size on Saturdays. This didn’t put me off as I really love walking around looking at different baked goods, food products all done my individual business owners. I get inspiration from these stands and always manage to fill my belly at the same time! I grabbed a most delicious cappuccino, perfectly frothy with that delicious European espresso that I just have not been able to find in the states. Maybe it’s the fresh dairy used, either way it was delicious! Next a crepe. Now normally I like a savory crepe but went rouge and got sweet: Nutella and marshmallows! These guys are professionals and their product reflects. Expertly thin crepe folded over melted nutella evenly spaced with sweet marshmallow. Yum. E got the chicken, spinach, cheese and pesto crepe which was mouth-wateringly good. A great combo of ingredients warmed between those wonderful thin pancakes. Double yum!

Nature

Afterwards, we walked around the park and watched little Bobbi tear it up in the dog park. If you’re in the area, definitely make a trip out to Marley for the market. Check it out on Saturday and let me know what I might’ve missed!
Doing shame to every other dog park ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive