Monday, February 17, 2014

A Scone by Any Other Name...

Day 9 here almost done here on my great Dublin visit and I can gladly say each day has been better than the last!
Scones display @ Keogh's
Clearly my Monday through Friday detox has been chucked violently out the window. I have been happily indulging in my favorite foods, beverages and haunts. Last Tuesday morning was no exception when I visited Keogh's Cafe at 1 Trinity St in the heart of Dublin City Centre. Keogh's is mainly a bakery with tasty scones, muffins and pastries but they also serve hearty full Irish breakfasts, breakfast baps, and sumptuous soups, salads and sandwiches for lunch. 
Outside the cafe on Trinity St
I first became enamoured with Keogh's via my old office. At least once a month we would receive the "leftovers" from board meetings consisting of scones and pastries. Somehow, there was always more than enough for the 90 staff following the meetings! Scone flavors from Keogh's range from your standard currant and raisin to raspberry, mixed berry and pear & vanilla to name a few.
Breakfast of champions
I went with the mixed berry and a large cappuccino to start my day. The scone was just as I remembered: fluffy and buttery on the inside cut with tart and sweet berries (obviously baked in fresh) with a firm but not too hard outside. Yum. My cappuccino was excellent too with just the right amount of froth. All served with a smile from the owner herself as well! 
Mixed Berry Awesomeness
Keogh's is definitely a spot to hit up for breakfast and lunch in Dublin City Centre with their scones second to none for me on either side of the Atlantic!

1 Trinity St
Dublin 2






No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive